Monday, September 13, 2010

Elat S'remag A

I am recently from Tom's River, New Jersey but I grew up in Saddle Brook, New Jersey and graduated high school in Wayne, New Jersey. I went from a little town with three elementary schools and a middle school that shared a building with the high school, to a town with over nine elementary schools, three middle schools, and two very competative high schools. It was a culture shock and I loved every moment of it. After graduating, we moved to Tom's River, a fairly large town, right on the shore. A perfect way to spend the summer before treking up to frigid Vermont.

This summer my friends and I got together for one massive good bye before college. During this little gathering we held a gaming tournament with all of our latest games and consoles on hand and at the ready. Mainly we played Super Smash Brothers: Brawl, button smashing our way to victories, but it was absolutely the best thing I did all summer, regardless of it's relation to current media.

The thing I hate about today's media is that everything is living by the phrase "sex sells". It seems just about every project is trying to base its ads off of sex appeal even when the product is completely unrelated.
The thing I like would have to be music and how it reaches out to everyone. With other amazing media souces like the internet and tvs you can reach out to the music of other cultures and learn a great deal.

I would like to one day be able to look at my ickle grandchildren and tell them that I sold a bestseller or ten, that I've been compared to the greats like Poe, Rowling, or King, and that I've lived in a foreign city for most of my life, studying the culture for one of those masterpieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment